On this page
We offer a skill-oriented degree programme in product design and modelling. For admission, candidates need to have passed in PUC or in any +2, with relevant courses.
The programme is offered full-time every year in the month of August / September.
This programme has a 60% focus on skill development and 40% focus on theoretical knowledge. This will help students acquire all the skills required for the domain and prepare them for the job market or entrepreneurial roles. The course curriculum is structured so that students will have ample job opportunities at the end of the year.
Candidates who wish to continue further in this field needs to get an Advanced Diploma or complete 2 more years for a B.Voc degree in the same course and specialisation. Students can choose to work for a few years and rejoin the programme to complete 2nd and 3rd years to be awarded an Advanced Diploma or Degree.
This course will –
- Impart a general education around material science for product design, mechanics, electrical and electronics, computer applications, economics and sociology.
- Train students to use appropriate materials to achieve intended design ideas and in making physical models.
Teaching and Assesment
Includes, but is not limited to:
- Face to Face Lectures using Audio-Visuals
- Industry Visit
- Group Exercises
- Project Exhibitions
- Design events
30 hours per week
15 weeks per semester
Batch Size: 40
NSQF Level: NSQF 5
Batch Cycles Intake: August/September
Previous Course: PUC
- Pass in PUC or +2 in Science from Academic/Vocational / Open schooling stream of any recognized colleges or Universities
- Any other qualification considered equivalent to 10 +2 in science by Govt. of India
- Download Application Form
- Submit it to the Directorate of Training and Lifelong Learning Office along with Registration Fees
- Pay Course fees within the given window at the time of commencement of the programme
- Application fee: Nil
Fees & Scholarships
Diploma (2nd Year): ₹ 40000
Students Medical Insurance: ₹650/-
The fees may be paid in cash / DD at the University, The DDs must be drawn in favour of “M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences payable at Bangalore”