Vocational Advanced Diploma in Product Design and Modelling
On this page
We offer a skill-oriented degree programme in product design and modelling. Candidates will have multiple entries and exit options in this programme.
For admission, candidates need to have passed in 3 years of a diploma or 1 year in a B.Voc diploma.
The programme is offered full-time every year in the month of August / September.
This programme has a 60% focus on skill development and 40% focus on theoretical knowledge. This will help students acquire all the skills required for the domain and prepare them for the job market or entrepreneurial roles. The course curriculum is structured so that students will have ample job opportunities at the end of the year.
Candidates who wish to continue further in this field need to complete 1 more year to get a B.Voc degree in the same course or specialisation. They can choose to for a few years and rejoin the programme to complete the 3rd year to be awarded a degree.
This course will –
- Impart a general education, including materials for product design, electronics applications, and the effective application of elements of design to build forms.
- Communicate ideas of products and systems to help students achieve intended design ideas
- Offer physical and virtual tools to accurately model and build a design concept to meet client requirements.
- Ensure students have the knowledge and understanding the basic design elements and principles of design.
Teaching and Assesment
Includes, but is not limited to:
- Face to Face Lectures using Audio-Visuals
- Industry Visit
- Group Exercises
- Project Exhibitions
- Design events
30 hours per week
15 weeks per semester
Batch Size — 40
NSQF Level — NSQF 6
Batch Cycles Intake — August/September
Previous Course — 3 years diploma or 1 one year vocational diploma
- B Voc. advanced diploma with same branch
- Download Application Form
- Submit it to the Directorate of Training and Lifelong Learning Office along with Registration Fees
- Pay Course fees within the given window at the time of commencement of the programme
- Application fee: Nil
Fees & Scholarships
Diploma (2nd Year): ₹ 50000
Students Medical Insurance: ₹650/-
The fees may be paid in cash / DD at the University, The DDs must be drawn in favour of “M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences payable at Bangalore”
- Admission Application Form pdf | 497.9 KB
- Programme Regulations pdf | 1.1 MB
- Programme Specifications pdf | 1.1 MB
- Dr. Vibha A Shetty
- HOD/Course Manager
- Mr. Srinivasa
- Assistant Executive - DTLL
- Ms. Suma M S
- +91 80 4536 6666 (extn. 641)